Guide in Training Program
For the first time in Summer 2023 we are starting a guide in training program! This program is open to high schoolers who are interested in the guiding process and learning more about leading groups safely through the backcountry. Guides will teach technical skills such as topographical map reading, planning and packaging food, sizing gear and more. Guides in training will join an adult Sonlight backpacking trip.
What you need to know:
- An online application form is required – Amanda Jordan (Lead Guide) will contact you with further details
- Open to high school students ages 16-18
- Preference will be given to those who have attended a Sonlight High School Backpack Trip
- Meant for students who want to learn more about leadership, service, and building relationships
- GIT’s are mentored by Sonlight’s trained guides
- Service hour opportunity
The GIT application opens January 2! Start your application here.
For more information about our CIT and BTST programs, visit https://sonlightcamp.org/summer-camps/cits/